Join our Team!
Marin IT strongly believes that any company is only as strong as its team members. We strive to hire the most highly qualified applicants for a wide range of challenging and fulfilling positions and offer our team members competitive compensation packages, advancement opportunities and an exceptional work atmosphere.
We are currently accepting applications for the positions below. To apply, please contact and/or submit your resume to HR@MarinIT.com.
This is a hands-on, client-facing position responsible for providing high-level network, system, application and telephony support for various municipalities, public safety agencies, and discerning private sector customers. This position will also provide high-level support and guidance to our first and second level technicians working in the field.
Our technical staff are the face of our company, so empathy, adaptability, creativity, and persistence are as important as technical competence to this position’s success. The ideal candidate will bring a wide range of skills, a demonstrable degree of technical depth, a sense of curiosity and esprit de corps, and a passion for helping our diverse customer base use technology to solve business challenges, mitigate risks, and enhance the value of their organizations.
- Provide Senior Level Customer Service and High-Level Support to Junior Field Technicians. When necessary, provide assistance with first level issues
- Document configurations, processes and procedures.
- Plan, install, configure and deploy new solutions for existing and future customers
- Maintain, troubleshoot, improve and secure existing production infrastructures
- Travel as needed.
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Cisco IOS, Aruba OS, Apple OS, etc.)
- SAN fabric and storage array technologies (Dell Compellent / Unity / EMC, HPE Nimble, etc.)
- WAN technologies such as routers, dynamic routing protocols, SD-WAN, etc.
- LAN hardware, including fixed port/modular switches, L2, L3, Stacking, Load-balancing, Link Aggregation
- Wireless LAN Deployments, Wi-Fi Network installations and troubleshooting (Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Aerohive, etc.)
- Deploying and supporting VPN - Site to Site, clientless and client based
- DNS firewall security solutions (Umbrella, Neustar, etc.)
- Datacenter hardware, including stand-alone, chassis based and hyper-converged compute/storage
- Virtualization and containerization technologies (VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, Docker, etc.)
- Data Protection procedures and technologies (Backup, Archive and Disaster Recovery)
- Proxy/Web Filtering/Layer 7 solutions (Lightspeed Rocket, Cisco Firepower, Untangle, etc.)
- Endpoint identity management (AAA / RADIUS)
- Next-Generation Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems (Cisco Firepower / ASA, Palo Alto, Sonicwall, etc.)
- VoIP Phone system management (Cisco CUCM and Unity, Shoretel/Mitel, Ring Central, etc.)
- Email infrastructure (Exchange, Office 365 SMTP relay, smart hosts, spam management protocols, appliances, and best practices, etc.)
- Server and Network Infrastructure Management and Diagnostic tools (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Auvik, Connectwise Automate, Intermapper, QualysGuard, etc)
- Wired and Wireless endpoint support
- Mobile device management
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, self-aware, and self-disciplined.
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to prioritize and track simultaneous project deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, and critical thinking skills.
- Professional, and personable under pressure.
- Patience and ability to educate users in how to avoid, or resolve problems.
- Experience with peer mentoring a plus.
- 4+ years administering a Windows server/workstation environment
- Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience
- VMware ESXi experience
- VCP Certification a plus
- SAN experience
- Cisco and Meraki experience, CCNA a plus
- Connectwise Manage and Automate experience a plus
- Managing Linux / Apple machines within a Windows domain a plus
- A valid California Driver’s License, a clean driving record and proof of automotive insurance are required
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoJ security clearance
Marin IT, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Current Positions Available: